( )1.A.straight B.prefer C.enough D.fall
( )2.A.low B.though C.knowledge D.sold
( )3.A.calm B.hall C.talk D.ball
( )4.A.already B.each C.league D.weak
( )5.A.produce B.true C.computer D.news
( )6.Are you sure you don‘t have _______ advice to give me?I really need _______.
( )7.When we saw his face， we knew _______ was bad.
( )8.The number of students in our school ________.
( )9.________ your step，or you might fall into the water.
( )10.The meeting _______.
A.is to put off
B.is going to put off
C.is to be put off
D.will put off
11. Today is Jenny’s wedding day. She _______ to Thomas.
A. just has got married B. has just married
C. was just married D. has just got married
12. Every officer and every soldier _______ obey the rules.
A. had to B. have to C. has to D. must have to
13. Rarely _______ so difficult a problem.
A. she could have faced with B. could have she faced with
C. she could have been faced with D. could she have been faced with
14. ______ a dog on the road, the car stopped.
A. Having seen B. On seeing C. The driver seeing D. Seeing
15. I asked my teacher _______.
A. what courses should I take B. should I take what courses
C. I should take what courses D. what courses I should take
16. Comrade Li promised to help us and he said he would come ______.
A. right away B. all at once C. all of a sudden D. all right
17. There aren’t many pandas ________ in the world today.
A. alive B. living C. lively D. lived
18. Such electron tubes ________ in a radio set are also found in a TV set.
A. that we use B. as we use C. as we use them D. that we use them
19. It _______ to me that he was jealous.
A. happened B. took C. occurred D. felt
20. One of the requirements for a fire is that the material ______ to its burning temperature.
A. were heated B. must be heated C. is heated D. be heated
21. Please ______ me at the station on time.
A. meeting B. to meet C. meet D. met
22. _______ “hello”, he reached out his hand.
A. Said B. Saying C. To say D. Say
23. People are more _______ to spend money on goods with an attractive look than those without.
A. attracted B. tempted C. persuaded D. tended
24. It was ______ he saw the doctor coming out of the emergeney room with an expression as grave as a judge _______ he realized the seriousness of his wife’s illness.
A. not until…that B. after…when C. until…then D. before…that
25. Please telephone me half an hour _______.
A. in charge B. in advance C. in time D. in front
26. Both Mary and Ellen, as well as Jan, _______ studying Chinese History.
A. are B. is C. are being D. is being
27. I’d like to _______ him to you for the job. He is a very clever and industrious boy.
A. refer B. suggest C. recommend D. propose
28. It ______ that 200 people died and over 5,000 lost their shelters after the flood.
A. reported B. reports C. has been reported D. has reported
29. He was asked to speak louder ______ all the other students in the classroom could hear him.
A. as B. so as to C. so that D. so as
30. His report on the space exploration was really ________.
A. exciting B. excited C. excitement D. excitedly
1.A 2.C 3.A 4.A 5.B
6.D 7.A 8.C 9.B 10.C
11.D 12.C 13.D 14.C 15.D
16.A 17.A 18.B 19.C 20.D
21.C 22.B 23.B 24.A 25.B
26.A 27.C 28.C 29.C 30.A